Install Csound First!
CsoundQt is a frontend for Csound, so Csound needs to be installed first.
-> Csound download page
- Download the CsoundQt-[Version Number]-MacOS.dmg from https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/releases.
NOTE: Choose the plain version (without "pythonqt") for normal use.
- Open the .dmg and drag the green CsoundQt application into the Applications folder.
- Download the CsoundQt-[Version Number]-Win64.zip from https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/releases.
- Unzip the file.
- Go to the bin folder.
- Select and copy the whole content of the bin folder.
- Go to C: -> Program Files -> Csound6_x64 -> bin and paste all the copied files here.
- Send "CsoundQt-d-html-cs6.exe" from this folder as a shortcut to your desktop if you like.
CsoundQt binaries are in most of the package managers.
These binaries might be built without RtMidi and/or without PythonQt support. If you need to work with it, you should build CsoundQt. Instructions can be found at https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/wiki and in the BUILDING.md file in the sources.